Jennifer Swift, ANP, graduated as a family nurse practitioner from the University of Southern Maine in 2010 and received a Bachelor of Science in biology from the University of Alaska Fairbanks in 1998. She has worked in both private practice and public health with a passion for making evidence-based, integrative, and compassionate health care available to all people. In addition to treating acute ailments and managing complex chronic medical conditions, Jennifer specializes in caring for individuals and families across the life spectrum, and also provides preventative care such as annual exams and sports physicals. Her practice focuses on treatment of:
- Sleep disorders (i.e., sleep apnea)
- Pulmonary disorders
- Mental health (i.e., depression and anxiety)
- Endocrine disorders (i.e. obesity, hypothyroidism and hormonal imbalances)
- Cardiovascular management of hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes
- Acute and chronic musculoskeletal disorders
Jennifer grew up in New England but moved to Alaska in 1991. She currently resides in Girdwood with her two children, husband, and two dogs. You may see her on the trail hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, or paddle-boarding. She likes to spend quiet time gardening and working with her husband on building their off-the-grid home.