Leigh Keefer joined the team at Vitae Integrative Medical Center in spring 2017. She has been a Nurse Practitioner since 2011 and has experience in acute and chronic conditions. She earned her Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in 2016, with a special interest in rheumatology and autoimmune disease.
A Matanuska Valley native, Leigh grew up on an organic farm, experiencing a subsistence lifestyle with a deep appreciation for effective, cost-containing, drug-free interventions that optimize health and well-being. Her holistic, evidence-based philosophy incorporates both integrative and conventional medicine practices to reach each patient’s individualized health goals.
In addition to primary care and acute and chronic health conditions, she specializes in:
- Preventative exams for men, women and children
- Diagnosis and treatment of rheumatology and autoimmune disease
- Management of prediabetes, diabetes, hypertension and cholesterol
- Weight loss
- Hormone imbalances
- Stress management, depression, anxiety
- Skin exams and biopsies
- Monitoring stable respiratory, cardiac, and neurological diseases