Leigh Keefer joined the team at Vitae Integrative Medical Center in spring 2017, bringing five years as a primary care provider and 12 years of nursing experience in acute and chronic conditions. She earned her Doctor of Nursing Practice in 2016, with special interest in rheumatology and autoimmune disease.
A Matanuska Valley native, Leigh grew up on an organic farm, experiencing a subsistence lifestyle with a deep appreciation for effective, cost-containing, drug-free interventions that optimize health and well-being. Her holistic, evidence-based philosophy incorporates both integrative and conventional medicine practices to reach each patient’s individualized health goals.
In addition to primary care and acute and chronic health conditions, she specializes in:
- Preventative exams for men, women and children
- Diagnosis and treatment of rheumatology and autoimmune disease
- Management of prediabetes, diabetes, hypertension and cholesterol
- Weight loss
- Hormone imbalances
- Stress management, depression, anxiety
- Skin exams and biopsies
- Monitoring stable respiratory, cardiac, and neurological diseases